Sunday, February 18, 2024

Idling

 

I've noticed recently how many truckers leave the engines of their trucks idling while they are waiting to deliver a load. That got me to thinking not only about the truckers' reasons for doing so, but also about the environmental impact of the practice. That's what led me this conclusion of an article in Big Rig Pros:

"It’s clear that the road ahead necessitates a collaborative effort to develop and implement solutions that uphold the vital role of trucking while mitigating its environmental footprint. The industry continues to move forward, and perhaps soon, the rumble of idling trucks will become a sound of the past, replaced by the hum of innovation and environmental consciousness."

I sure hope that "road ahead" is short.

4 comments:

  1. Eso es la consecuencia del progreso y del impacto que crea en el medio ambiente.
    Feliz domingo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a constant sound here too around construction sites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen signs prohibiting it. I remember working in a building in which trucks would back up to the loading dock and leave the engines running. Diesel fumes got into the building. Not pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting! I don't think I've ever seen one of those signs. But I can well understand why there would be.

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by! Your comments are most welcome.