Saturday, June 3, 2023

Tea

 


Tried a couple of different tea brands yesterday, Darvilles and Taylors. Both were excellent. I'm not much of one for discerning and describing the different flavors in teas. Suffice to say, they were as advertised.

Darvilles says its English Breakfast Tea is a traditional English favorite (the Brits like to write "fav-ou-rite" :-), full bodied and ideal as a breakfast beverage. Can't argue with that other than to say it's a nice tea for any time of the day. 

Taylors describes its Assam tea as "strong and malty." I don't have any problems with that either, although I've noticed lately that anything less than a "strong" tea just doesn't cut it for me. I don't like the bitter aftertaste I detect in some strong teas, but I definitely do like a tea that can still stand up to, say, a slice of pumpernickel and jam.

3 comments:

  1. I go for English or Irish Breakfast, or Earl Grey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like a good English Breakfast tea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No soy experta en la materia, en contadas ocasiones he tomado té. Lo que suelo tomar a menudo es el café.
    Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! Your comments are most welcome.