Friday, July 21, 2023

Warning!

 
This was an unusually hot and humid day in western Massachusetts.And the warning about bringing plenty of bug spray, for once, was NOT an exaggeration. My sometimes perversely contrarian spirit, however, insisted that I could do without. Fortunately, I did wear a wide brim hat, which helped at least keep the bugs out of my hair and face. A bottle of water might have been a great help, too, considering the amount of perspiration involved. 

Sounds like a nightmare, huh? Well, it wasn't. Coming from Tidewater, Virginia . . . I'm used to hot, humid, and buggy conditions. Nothing new here! Also, there were these cooling views of Cranberry Pond all along the way.
 

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice place to walk and explore. Definitely would bring water with me, those bugs sound terribe and aggravating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks beautiful but the bugs would be a pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hay ciertos colores , que a la hora de vestir atrae más la atención de los insectos.
    Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! Your comments are most welcome.