Tuesday, August 8, 2023

No DST?


I'm particularly fond of old time pieces. Having become frustrated with the batteries on my digital watches failing at just the wrong--shall I say it?--time, I finally invested in a mechanical watch with an open dial. It hasn't failed me yet. 

I think that's why I so enjoy sundials like this one I found in one of the quiet, often overlooked gardens in Colonial Williamsburg. Sure, it can't adjust for Daylight Saving Time, but that's part of its charm, isn't it? I mean, who needs DST anyway? I know, I know, it's controversial! And some of you may live I places where there is no DST. So, what do you think? Are you better off without it or not?

3 comments:

  1. No te das cuenta, de los relojes, que hay en casa, hasta que no cambian la hora. Menos mal que alguno de ellos se cambia automáticamente.
    Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love DST as there is no way I am up at 4:30 am to enjoy daylight but I certainly am up and loving it at 9 pm. I like a nice sundial too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! Your comments are most welcome.