Monday, March 13, 2023

Bosch


Seeing that Packard yesterday inspired me to install some parts on my own humble Yaris, beginning with new windshield wipers. According to one source I consulted, you should replace your wipers after 50 hours of service. But since that can be a pretty hard figure to calculate exactly, I prefer my method, which is to replace them whenever I feel like or when they begin to squeak or chatter. 

Which wipers to buy? Well, I'm not sure it makes a lot of difference, since we should be replacing them more often than we do. Still, I've had a fairly good experience these last two go arounds with Bosch wipers. This time I bought the more expensive Envision wipers only because they came with a 10% discount AND a free gallon of windshield wiper fluid. (Not sure what I'm going to with that since I already have most of a gallon left. But . . . it seemed like a  good deal, so I went with it.) Here's what they looked like still in the box. BTW, I had to order the rear wiper blade myself through Amazon, since the attendant said her store didn't carry them. Not sure what THAT was about! I think she just didn't look very carefully at her inventory list.

Wishing you all clearer vision of the road ahead. :-)

3 comments:

  1. No tengo demasiada idea sobre esto, nunca me he decidido por aprender a conducir. Prefiero utilizar los transportes públicos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wondering about the state of my car's wipers too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I don't own a car, this is not something that would have occurred to me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! Your comments are most welcome.