Friday, January 20, 2023

Never Judge a Book by...

 


I'll admit that I was a little bit dubious about checking this book out of the library a few days ago. I imagined it would be just another dry account of two men's professional accomplishments. I couldn't have been more wrong. It is turning out to be a fascinating look at one of the United States' most exciting, if also turbulent, eras. Already, I've learned boatloads about the creation of New York City's Central Park, Prospect Park, and, yes, even Yosemite National Park. 

5 comments:

  1. I've read about them elsewhere, so no doubt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice that it turned out to be a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me alegro de que hayas tenido una buena lectura.
    Feliz fin de semana.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Olmsted’s company did some incredible work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truly transforming our American landscape along with the help of others.

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by! Your comments are most welcome.